Sunday 19 May 2013

'UWR- to rouse oneself, to awaken'

What an unbelievable blessing that God gives us the opportunity to pour ourselves out for him. That when we pour ourselves out for him in sacrifice he covers us in even more blessings.That's how the kingdom works! 

עוּר     'UWR

I have named this blog "uwr" which is the hebrew for being woken up. It's from my current favourite bible first which is Psalm 57:8 "Awake, my glory! Awake, lute and harp! I will awaken the dawn." I love the way that it says "my glory" not your glory or God's glory but "my glory". The psalmist is saying " when I awake that thing inside me that makes me me, when I realise who I am in God, a son or daughter of God, when I realise the glory that has been set inside me by the father of lights, I can awake the dawn inside people who are in darkness." I encourage you not to pray "less of me and more of you God" but pray "may I become more of the perfected son or daughter that you made me to be, so that others can see the image of God which is your glory in me". 

This week has been another blessing of me discovering a little bit more of the glory of God that he has set within me. 


This Tuesday I had the great opportunity of teaching the bible story for the younger kids in Maia Neto. Just want to say thanks to everyone who prayed for that because it went really well. I had the opportunity to teach the kids why God gave the law and how all they need to do is look to Jesus' cross like the israelites looked to the bronze serpent (numbers 21:4). 

That afternoon we were able to had a really good time of planning for the week ahead. Then we had a good wee night of walking in the rain, eating Acai , chatting with friends and capoeira.

Acai, a wonder frozen berry dessert from a berry that comes
from the amazon.  


Wednesday was the first time in the afternoon at Maia Neto that we taught one of our normal lessons. This week we were teaching on bullying with our "bully unchained" drama. Was received really well by the kids, so much so that one of the kids took one of the white links that we used as a challenge for them to stop bullying in the school and posted about it on his facebook page. 


the photo that the student posted after our lesson saying
"lets fight the chains of bullying with the force of love"


Thursday we were back in Ferreira this week teaching on identity. We weren't able to teach many classes as there were some bus protests this week so the kids were let out early to make sure they got home okay. What has been amazing in Ferreira this last two weeks is that Ramin and Jared have got to pray for two girls that we know really well and they have received the "baptism in the holy spirit". Basically means that they received the gift of tongues and a greater understanding of how to live in tune with the Holy spirit. It is a huge encouragement to see people like them who wouldn't even accept Jesus when we first met them who now pray in tongues. It's amazing to see how much God can do with us. 



This week in Floca was a bit different. There was a ladies weekend happening so our team leader Ramin was away helping them set up for it and with that Gina was sick so we started the day with just me Emily,  and Jared. Our lesson was one on teamwork which wasn't our best but it was fun as we got to play a few games with the kids. After lunch that day we went back for a little while and then Emily had to leave for the womens weekend, so it was just me and Jared. Was another one of those fridays that i felt a little "powerless" so I would appreciate some prayer for that but I was able to share a word with the cell group about God's goodness which was awesome. 


the amount of kids showing up for our cell group during THEIR break time!


Saturday as the ladies weekend was on we had a free day to do some mentoring. It was great to be able to spend the day teaching some of the teens from the church. Was able to meet up with a guy called Charles (pronounced sharleez) in the morning. He's actually thinking about doing Pais Ireland which is really exciting. I shared my testimony with him and we talked a little bit about what he struggles with. The rest of the day I was able to hang out with the guy I'm properly mentoring. He's a really cool guy and was able to spend the rest of day with him talking and just hanging out. 



It was a little bit of a slower week but God moves in the drizzle as much as the rain storm and we will have some busy weeks coming up anyway. I would really appreciate some prayer for the coming weeks for us as a team, Emily will be leaving in two weeks and then ill have only a few after that. I really just want to learn as much as i can while I can so please just pray that I can keep my eyes firmly fixed on here and now and not on then. 


Thanks so much for all your support, love and prayers it means the world to me.

God bless 
love 
mark

No comments:

Post a Comment